Listen to this Article
At Higher Secondary School Certificate (HSSC) level, following programs are offered;
- HSSC/Intermediate in Commerce (I.Com)
- HSSC (General Group)
- A candidate applying for Intermediate Programme must have passed the Secondary School Certificate (Matric) Examination and hold its certificate issued by the respective Board/University. Attested copies of Marks Sheets issued by the Boards/Universities will also be acceptable for admission purpose only.
- Certificate (s) issued by the schools are not acceptable.
- AIOU students will also be granted admission to F.A. programme, only, if the attested copy of the Matric Certificate is attached to the Admission Form (Copies of Result Cards are not acceptable).
- The applicants must have passed all the compulsory courses at Matric level.
- For successful completion of the Intermediate programme, a student has to pass eight credit courses out of which three credit courses are compulsory while the rest five credit courses have to be selected from the list of elective courses. Thus by taking two credits per semester, a minimum period required is four semesters.
- The selection of the courses must be made with care according to ones own temperament, professional needs and aptitude.
- Courses once selected/taken in a semester shall not be allowed to change.
- Ethics is compulsory for non-Muslim students instead of Islamic Studies (compulsory). The Muslim students cannot take Ethics, whereas, non-Muslims are not allowed to take Islamic Studies Compulsory Course.
- A student can take admission in only two credit courses in a semester i.e. either:
– Two full credit courses
– One full and two half
– Four half credit courses
- All the courses offered in the Intermediate Programme are in Urdu only except those bearing star in front of their code numbers.